County Auditor, CPA
Edward A. Dion
County Administrative Offices
800 E. Overland, Room 406
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2040
Fax (915) 546-8172
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
El Paso County is committed to providing transparency on financial information to the public. By doing so, it affords the public the opportunity to view and question how their taxpayer dollars are being spent.
By displaying the county spending and providing access to those numbers we ensure greater accountability to the public.
Procedures to Obtain Public Information. Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access county financial records. All financial information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. The El Paso County Auditor’s Office shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought. If a request cannot be produced within 10 business days, the County Auditor’s Office will notify the requestor in writing of the reasonable date and time when it will be available.
Charges to the requestor: A person can ask to view the information, receive copies of the information or both. The County Auditor’s Office will assess copying and/or compiling fees based on the fee schedule set out by the State. If charges should occur, the County Auditor’s Office will send an itemized estimate and ask for a response in writing and/or payment within 10 business days, verifying that the requestor accepts, modifies, or denies the cost being charged.
Responsibility of the Requestor: Any person who requests public information has the responsibility to:
- Submit a written request by mail or in person to:
El Paso County Auditor
800 East Overland, Suite 406
El Paso, TX 79938
- Submit a request by fax: (915) 546-8172
- Submit a request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please label correspondence as Public Information Act request.
- Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the County Auditor’s Office to accurately identify and locate the information requested.
- Cooperate with the County Auditor’s Office to make reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information requested.