Justices of the Peace Directory
Precinct 1 - Robert T. Pearson
Precinct 2 - Brian J. Haggerty
Precinct 3 - Josh Herrera
Precinct 4 - Jesus Urenda
Precinct 5 - John Chatman
Precinct 6-1 - Ruben Lujan
Precinct 6-2 - Enedina Nina Serna
Precinct 7 - Kelly Dickson
El Paso County Courthouse
500 E. San Antonio
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone 915- 546-2000
Jurisdiction & Authority
- The statutory jurisdiction of a Constable is outlined below, in accordance with the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Chapter 86 of the Texas Local Government Code, and applicable Texas Attorney General opinions:
- Criminal Offenses committed within the presence or view of the Constable – Statewide Jurisdiction (out of county, Constable would detain and turn suspect over to local authorities).
- Criminal Offenses and Investigations Within El Paso County – Countywide Jurisdiction, regardless of assigned precinct.
- Criminal Warrants and Attachments – Statewide Jurisdiction
Traffic Offenses Within El Paso County – Countywide Jurisdiction, regardless of assigned precinct.
- Civil Law and Service / Execution of Civil Process – Countywide Jurisdiction regardless of assigned precinct, as well as jurisdiction throughout all contiguous Texas counties (i.e., Hudspeth County).
- In short, Constables and their deputies possess the same law enforcement authority, from minor traffic offenses through major felony offenses, as their counterparts in the Sheriff’s Office and police departments.