Text Crime Tips Anonymously!
Use Tip 411
Comments or Concerns?
El Paso Police
Texas Crime Prevention Summer Conference
- Jail Annex (EPCJA)
- The El Paso County Jail Annex is located at 12501 E. Montana El Paso, TX 79938, (map). It was opened in late 1997- as part of the Leo Samaniego Law Enforcement Complex. The Jail Annex is “campus style” podular/modular design. It contains twelve “pods.” Each pod consists of cells surrounding a central control / guard station. A series of four pods comprise a module / unit. There are currently three modules / units in operation however there is space on-site for expansion as the need arises. In an effort to reduce the likelihood of confrontations between inmates, the facility is designed to minimize inmate movement. Most services are delivered to the inmate, including, educational programs, ministry programs, distribution of prescribed medicines, commissary, meals served from our full service kitchen, laundry, and leisure library. Centralized services include medical clinic, and computerized law library.
- The rated capacity is 1,450. The security / custody level is rated at maximum.
- The Annex is also responsible for the transportation of inmates between
facilities, as well as the Texas Department of Correction (TDC) and other correctional facilities within
- Like the Downtown Jail, the Annex also has an operational design concept to receive unclassified persons, hold pretrial and convicted persons, and allow for processing, classifying and releasing persons at all times.
- Programs and Services
- There are a variety of services and programs available to our inmate population to include but not limited to twenty-four hour medical services, adult educational programs such as GED and ESL, Religious Programs, Work Programs, and Commissary.
- Jail Diversion Resolution
- Jail Annex Expansion
- The visitation schedule for the Jail Annex Bureau is:
- From 0800 to 1100 hrs - odd pods (100, 300, 500, 700, 900, 1100, clinic)
- From 1800 to 2100 hrs - even pods (200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200)
- From 0800 to 1100 hrs - even pods (200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200)
- From 1800 to 2100 hrs - odd pods (100, 300, 500, 700, 900, 1100, clinic)
- Visitors must be 17 year of age or older.
- Children 16 years of age or younger may visit you on the 1st weekend of the month and designated on holidays. An adult must accompany them.
- Children's Visitation, individuals under 17, may visit on the first Saturday/Sunday of the month during the morning visitation.
- Children's Visitation will be during the morning and evening sessions on:
- Mother's Day
- • Visitors must show valid picture identification before being allowed to visit.
- • Each visitor may visit once on any designated visiting day.
- • Each individual visit will last 20 minutes.
- • Visitors may leave money to be deposited on the inmate account.
- • All personal belongings will be searched.
- • All visitors will pass through the metal detector. If the metal detector alerts, the individual entering the facility will be subject to search of their person.
- • Any person who is unwilling to submit to a search of hand carried property and/or is unwilling to pass through the metal detector will not be allowed to enter.
- • All visitors must comply with the facility dress code which is:
- a. No halter tops, tank tops, low-cut neckline, see-through blouses or sleeveless shirts
- b. No short skirts/dresses or shorts
- c. No clothing which portray pornography, sexually explicit, or derogatory message
- Inmate Telephone Service
- DSI Inmate Telephone - English
- DSI Inmate Telephone - Spanish
- The Texas Statewide VINE system is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding the custody status of their offender and to register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender’s custody status changes. The VINE toll-free number for the Texas Statewide VINE system is 877-894-8463. This service is provided to assist Victims of Crime who have a right to know about their offender's custody status.
- Inmates may receive money orders, cashiers checks, US Treasury checks and checks from other Penal Institutions. Any cash, foreign checks, payroll checks or personal checks will be returned to sender along with any other contents in the envelope.
- The Jail Annex your mailing address is:
- INMATE'S NAME, POD, CELLBLOCK
EL PASO COUNTY JAIL ANNEX
EL PASO, TX 79938
- Incoming correspondence may be opened, inspected, and possibly read. The inspection will be performed before the mail is delivered. Inflammatory writing and hardcore pornography is prohibited. Such correspondence is defined as:
- • That which aids in the construction or use of weapons, ammunition, bombs or incendiary devices;
- • Material that could aid in escape from an institution, including plans, diagrams and blueprints of institutions or instructions in the commission of criminal activity;
- • Words that depict or describe procedures for brewing alcohol or for making drugs;
- • Writing that is in code;
- • Prison union publications and/or any publication that incites the overthrow of any governmental unit in the USA; police, weapons, or hunting books and/or magazines.
- The following will not be accepted:
- • Plastic coated cards or any other plastic coated items;
- • Tape or stickers on letters;
- • Glue, paste or any other foreign substance or unknown residue on envelope or letter;
- • Postage stamps, envelopes, writing paper or stationery items;
- • Mail containing more than five (5) photos, or any Polaroid photos. Photos are not to exceed 5 by 7 inches in size, and cannot be obscene, nude or pornographic photos, pictures or drawings, or pictures or photos exposing undergarments;
- • Posters; hardcover books; jewelry.
- The following will be accepted from a bookstore or authorized retailer:
- • Newspapers,
- • Soft cover books or magazines sent directly from the publisher or bookstore. Their return address must be stamped on the box, package etc., otherwise items will not be accepted.
- Jail Annex Bureau Administrative Information - 856-4802
- ICare Commissary