West Texas Community Supervision and Corrections
Director Magdalena Morales-Aina
800 E. Overland
El Paso, Texas 79901-2516
Phone (915) 546-8120
Fax (915) 546-8130
1015 N. Campbell
El Paso, Texas 79902
Phone (915) 771-8509/8510
Fax (915) 771-8511
Hotline: (915) 533-3434
West Texas Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Graffiti Wipe-Out Program
Hotline: (915) 533-3434
- This innovative program provides graffiti removal to the whole El Paso community. It uses offenders performing community service to eradicate unsightly graffiti around the city by sandblasting or painting over affected areas as appropriate. This service is offered at no cost to residential property owners and can be used up to two times free of charge by commercial owners.
- Graffiti Wipe Out Q & A
- What exactly is Graffiti Wipe Out (GWO)?
- GWO is a free, graffiti removal service provided to the citizens and businesses of El Paso, Texas by the Adult Probation Department, also known as West Texas Community Supervision Corrections Department (WTCSCD)
- How much does this service cost?
- The graffiti removal service is free to home owners and local businesses who have been victimized by graffiti crime.
- All donations to help the Graffiti Wipe Out program are welcome. Your help would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to contribute to this project, please send your tax deductable donations to:
- Graffiti Wipe Out
- 1015 N. Campbell 79901
- El Paso, TX 79915
- How many sites does GWO clean per year?
- During FY2008, which ended August 31, 2008, GWO removed graffiti from
approx. 5,606 sites.
- How much square footage does GWO clean per year?
- During FY2008, GWO cleaned approximately 1.5 million square feet of graffiti
from homes and businesses in the Greater El Paso metropolitan area.
- Who is eligible for this service?
- Everyone in the County of El Paso
- - Single family residences
- - Apartment buildings with four or less units.
- - Neighborhood commercial or retail buildings no larger than 2,000 square feet..
- - Apartment buildings with five or more units.
- - Commercial or retail buildings larger than 2,000 square feet must provide their own paint.
- How does it work?
- First, the property owner or tenant calls the Graffiti Wipe Out
Hotline at (915) 533-3434 to report graffiti. We will then mail
the property owner consent form allowing us to enter the property
and remove the graffiti. Once the consent form has been signed and
returned to us, we will schedule the graffiti removal as soon as
- Graffiti will be removed only from portions of the property which are visible from the street. In alleyways, graffiti will be removed only within 100 feet of the alley entrance as measured from the street curb into the alley.
- What if the graffiti returns?
- We will return as many times as needed, this service is free of charge.