Victor A. Flores, R.T.C.
El Paso County Tax Assessor-Collector
500 E. Overland Ave.
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2140
Fax (915) 546-8100
County Tax Assessor-Collector
- About Us
- The County Tax Assessor-Collector is designated by statute as the agent for the Texas Department of Transportation for the collection of all motor vehicle registration fees. Under the registration statutes, every motor vehicle owner is required to register their vehicle with the Tax Assessor-Collector in the county in which they reside.
- The County Tax Assessor-Collector is a constitutional officer, mandated by the Texas constitution, elected by and directly responsible to the people. Tax Assessor-Collectors are elected for unlimited four-year terms.
- Because of the wide range of responsibilities performed by the Assessor-Collector, most citizens deal with this office more frequently than any other office.
- It is the duty of the Tax Assessor-Collector to assess and collect for the County, all taxes imposed on property within the county, unless an agreement is made for another method of collection. Since 1986, the City of El Paso through an inter local governmental agreement, with the consent of the County Tax Assessor-Collector and approval of Commissioners' Court and 29 taxing entities, has been collecting property taxes through a consolidated effort in El Paso County.
- Another duty of the County Tax Assessor-Collector is that of voter registrar. In most Texas counties, a person would register to vote through the office of the County Tax Assessor-Collector. However, in El Paso County, the members of Commissioners' Court have designated an elections administrator to accept applications for voter registration, issue voter certificates, maintain voter registration lists, verify petitions for local option elections and submit required reports to the Secretary of State's Office.
- Other duties of the County Tax Assessor-Collector include collection of motor vehicle sales tax, collection of road and bridge fees, alcoholic beverage permits, special fees impose by the county and state on coin-operated vending machines, hotel-motel occupancy taxes, and special vehicle inventory taxes.
- To formulate policies and programs to ensure enforcement of the Texas Property Code and Texas Motor Vehicle laws.
- The vision of the Office of the County Tax Assessor-Collector's vision is simple: to always provide prompt, courteous service in the most efficient manner possible to all customers through its dedicated, knowledgeable and trustworthy staff at all TAC branch offices and through its contracted, privately-owned full service offices, which are strategically located throughout El Paso County.
- Victor A. Flores, R.T.C.