Text Crime Tips Anonymously!
Use Tip 411
Comments or Concerns?
El Paso Police
Texas Crime Prevention Summer Conference
- Crime Records, Evidence and Forensics Section
- The El Paso County Sheriff's Office Crime Records Evidence and Forensics Section is divided into three major sections. It is lead by a Sergeant assigned as the Custodian of Records for the Sheriff's Office.
The Crime Records Section
- Handles all storing and processing of criminal complaint reports, criminal background checks and the Uniform Crime Report.
The Forensics Section
- Handles all calls for crime scene processing, photography and fingerprinting the public.
The Evidence Section
- Responsible for the storage and accountability of all recovered property and evidence.
- Crime Records Section is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- The chart below described a breakdown of the current assignments within the section:
- Background Record Checks
- Copies of Background Checks can be obtained at El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Headquarters, 3850 Justice Drive, El Paso, Texas 79938 (915) 538-2292
- - Conducted everyday of the week ($6.00 fee)
- - Only the person being checked can authorize a background check.
- - If another person is requesting the check as a second party, they must have a notarized authorization to obtain the background check
- Note: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office only check for criminal backgrounds for our agency arrests only. If you need a complete background check through NCIC/TCIC it should be done with the Texas Department of Public Safety.
-Requests for reports
- - Copies of Reports can at the following locations:
- *Sheriff's Office HQ 3850 Justice Drive El Paso Texas 79938- (915) 538-2292
- *El Paso County Detention Facility 601 E. Overland El Paso, TX 79901 - (915) 546-2223
- *Vinton Patrol Station 431 E. Vinton, Vinton, TX 79821 - (915) 886-2724
- - Reports are made at the cost of .10 cents per page (No Personal Checks)
- -Requests for accident reports are made at the cost of $6.00 per report
- -You may mail your requests for an accident report with a money order (no personal checks) to:
- El Paso County Sheriff's Office Records Section
3850 Justice Drive
El Paso Texas 79938
- Is available Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- -Fingerprinting for the public is provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM and from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
- -Cost for fingerprinting is $35.00, credit and debit cards accepted.
- Note: The Sheriff's Office does not fingerprint for Naturalization and US Citizenship purposes.
-Evidence and Property Section
- Open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, excluding holidays.
- -Appointment necessary prior to picking up property.
- -Detectives approval necessary prior to release of any property/evidence
- -For further information contact property room at 915-538-2283
- -Current photo identification is required for release of property
- -Property left at court house security area and not claimed within a week will be turned over to the property room.