Text Crime Tips Anonymously!
Use Tip 411
Comments or Concerns?
El Paso Police
Texas Crime Prevention Summer Conference
- Executive Chief Deputy Aguilar
- Executive Chief Deputy Sylvia Aguilar has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice Administration and Master of Arts Degree in Organizational Management. She retired from the El Paso Police
Department after serving 25 years and having been promoted to the ranks of Detective, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Commander and Deputy Chief. Throughout her tenure she commanded a multitude of units to include Major Crimes, Special Weapons and Tactics Team, Airport Operations, Homeland Security, Public Integrity and Patrol Operations. She is a graduate of the Federal Bureau of Investigations National Academy Session 221. She is a published author on topics ranging from community policing to criminal investigations. For the Town of Horizon City, she served as the Chief of Police.
- In 1999 she was given the Law and Order Achievement award by the Military Order of World Wars for exemplary Contributions to Law and Order and was also inducted in the Women's Hall of Fame in the category of Public Service.
- Executive Chief Deputy Sylvia Aguilar is the director for Jail Operations, Program Development Quality Assurance and Information Technology Department Liaison. Chief Aguilar oversees the development of technology initiatives and new technology implementations in accordance with the Sheriff's Office needs
and the strategic technology plan.
- Chief Aguilar is a licensed Jailer and Peace Officer, in addition certified as a Master and Mental Health Peace Officer. She is also a member in various associations such as; the Texas Jail Association, National Sheriffs’ Association, International Association Chief of Police, and the National Association of Women
Law Enforcement Executives.