Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
500 E. San Antonio
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2098
Fax (915) 543-3888
County Judge Veronica Escobar
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- On February 4, 2013 Commissioners Court passed a resolution in support of Comprehensive Immigration Reform. With the support of Border Network for Human Rights, our office reached out to other elected officials who represent border counties in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California and have invited them to adopt and pass a similar resolution and show their support for comprehensive immigration reform. Click the link below to view the resolution.
- View Resolution
- In addition to the resolution, on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 El Paso County Judge Veronica Escobar along with Border Network for Human Rights, the Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce and other local elected officials and advocates held a press conference regarding the recent efforts to craft legislation around comprehensive immigration reform. The press conference helped to provide a local border perspective and advocate for immigration reform with accountability, checks and balances, respect for civil and human rights, as well as refocusing resources so that it addresses real threats while at the same time facilitating the trade that generates billions of dollars into our economy and provides millions of jobs throughout America.
- On February 27, 2013, a delegation of border elected officials and advocates traveled to DC where a press conference was held at the United States Capitol to speak to lawmakers on this very issue.
- To view the video footage of the press conference held in El Paso [ click here ]
- County Judge