Sheriff’s Office Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office
3850 Justice Dr., El Paso, Texas 79938
Public Information Officer, Mariano Valle
Office: (915) 538-2119
“We Serve With Pride”
The Sheriff’s Office would like to help the citizens of El Paso County stay safe during this holiday shopping season. Citizens can become vulnerable to theft and other similar crimes and the Sheriff’s Office would like to remind the citizens of tips that can help them enjoy this holiday shopping season.
SHOPPING SAFETY TIPS:
· Try to park in a well lit area if possible
· Be aware of your surroundings before you exit your vehicle
· Lock your car!
· Don’ t leave valuable items visible inside your vehicle. Leave all of your belongings and purchased items in the trunk
· Avoid carrying large amounts of cash
· Leave birth certificates, social security cards and other documents with personal identifying information at home in a secure place
· Try not to carry too many bags or packages at one time. Once you have purchased several iems, put them in the trunk of your vehicle and continue shopping.
· Do not shop alone, especially at night time and always tell someone where you are going
· Do not hesitate to ask store security for an escort to your vehicle and report all suspicious activity to authorities.
If there is an emergency, call 911. To report an incident with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office contact 915-546-2280 or if residing in the city contact the El Paso Police Department at 832-4400.